Oak Software, a leading subscription management platform for publishers, requires a development manager at an exciting time as the business looks to accelerate development of its core and new products.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Lead PHP developer/development manager will work closely with the Software Architect & Operations Manager to specify external and internal web application requirements and then manage the development and delivery of secure and reliable web applications.
This role will see the successful candidate managing a small development team while playing a key part in developing the business’s next generation of software.
This is a remote role with travel to the East Midlands and East Anglia required for occasional meetings.
Oak Software has recently been acquired by The Cricketer Publishing, publishers of The Cricketer, which is celebrating its centenary in 2021.
Oak Software welcomes applications from the BAME community, women, and the LGBTQ+ community.
- Proven ability to manage & lead a small development team
- Experience in working on & managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Keen interest in web development tools, services & trends
- Experience in evaluating user requirements and writing specifications for development
- Excellent php experience in developing secure transaction-based web database applications
- Good knowledge of using at least one major php framework such as Yii, Symfony or Laravel
- Ability to write complex SQL select statements
- Experience of at least one major RDBMS eg PostgreSQL
- Have developed & used RESTful web services/APIs
- Experience with Yii2 php framework
- Some knowledge of AWS
- Experience developing ecommerce applications
Salary: £40-45k DoE
To apply please send a CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org